I love mediterranean vegetables and I am always looking for ways to cook them in interesting ways. With the arrival of my ActiFry, roasted vegetables have become a breeze to cook and I love serving them with a home made spicy tomato salsa and cactus corn tortilla.
Using the ActiFry is simple all it requires is less than 1 tablespoon of oil and a selection of vegetables and the actifry does the rest.It cooks using a hot air system in minimal oil without compromising on the taste.
Roasted Vegetable Wraps
A colourful medley of roasted mediterranean vegetables served with spicy homemade tomato sauce and cactus corn wraps.
- 2 baby courgettes cut into 5mm thick round slices
- 2 baby carrots peeled and cut into 5mm thick round slices
- 10 baby new potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper cut into one inch pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into one inch pieces
- 10 button mushrooms cut into halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 6 cactus corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons homemade spicy tomato salsa
1. Put all the vegetables except the mushrooms in the ActiFry and add 1 tablespoon of oil.2. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes in the ActiFry, after 15 minutes add the mushrooms and roast the vegetables for 5 more minutes.3.Remove the roasted vegetables from the ActiFry and add them to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lemon juice and toss together.4. Place a tortilla wrap on a hot griddle to warm for 30 seconds , transfer the wrap onto a plate, spoon over it the spicy tomato salsa and add a portion of the roasted vegetables 5.Roll up the wrap and serve immediately.6. Repeat procedure for rest of wraps.Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 wraps
NB- If you don't have an ActiFry you can place the vegetables on a baking tray and roast them in the oven instead. I was sent the ActiFry by Tesco Direct to review, all the views and opinions in the post are my own and unbiased.
In my VEG BOX ~Mushrooms, event by citrusspice and guest hosted by Mayuri's Jikoni