Lemon Panna Cotta ~Vegetarian
A creamy and delicious citrussy flavoured panna cotta dessert.
- 1 cup /250ml Double cream
- 1 cup /250ml Skimmed Milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon Agar Agar powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Lemon essence
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
1. Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a slow simmer. Add the agar agar powder and stir the milk until the agar agar has dissolved.2. Pour the milk mixture into a blender and blend it so that any agar agar remaining will be powdered and mixed with the milk fully.3. Transfer the milk back to the pan and add the sugar and stir the milk until all the sugar has melted.Add the cream and bring the mixture to a slow simmer again.4. Add the lemon essence and 1 teaspoon lemon zest and stir it into the milk and cream mixture.The mixture will start to thicken slightly, remove it from the heat and allow to cool slightly.5. Pour the mixture into serving glasses and garnish with a few lemon zest strands. Leave to reach room temperature after which chill for 2 hours before serving
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Chill time: Total time: 2 hrs Yield: 4 servings
Lets cook for Easter event by simplyfood.