I am no expert on Instagram but over the past few months, I have come to enjoy it very much, it has by far become my favourite social media platform. Since I mostly blog about food I find that Instagram is a really nice platform to share my food photos which are very visual and it also helps me to engage with other foodies too.
Here are a few things that that have worked for me when I started my account so I am sharing them in this post. There is no right or wrong, these are some ideas that I find worked well for me.
- If you are a blogger it is a good idea to have same or similar user name on all social media that is same as blog so that it creates an identity that links to all your platforms.
- Make sure you set your profile to Public.
- Keep the bio interesting, precise and to the point that tells the follower what your account is about.
- Include your blog url and email address for people to be able to easily contact you.
- Don't be tempted to post a blurred photo that are out of focus. Instagram is very visual, try and make your photos eye catching and beautiful.
- Try not to post a mix of genres in a random fashion, attempt to post at least three pictures that follow on from one another or can connect in some way.
- Use hashtags that are specific to your post and add them at the end of your post, they provide a way for others to find your photos under a specific theme or topic.
- Never add hashtags in between your post description as it makes it look spammy.
- Take advantage of trending hashtags and if they are relevant to your post use them.
- Post regularly preferably have a set time pattern but do not spam.
- Write a description to go with your image, a good description, location etc helps the reader know what your content is about .
- Some times to create more interaction ask a question , this will encourage followers to interact with a reply.
- Follow and interact with other users that have similar content to yours.
- Visit your favourite accounts, interact with other users and like and leave meaningful comments on their posts.
- Check your posts and if people leave comments take the time to reply, thank and engage with them
Is there any other things that I should be doing to grow my instagram account and get more engagement?? I would love to hear your tips, do share them in the comments below.
*This post is in collaboration with Vibbi.