I love making edible presents and one of my favourite treats that I make every Christmas is chocolate bark. The beauty of this bark is that you can flavour it with any combination of ingredients to make it unique for the person's taste for whom you are gifting it to. Some of my favourite chocolate bark ingredients are nuts, berries, popping candies, crushed nut brittle, dried fruits and spices such as peppercorn, chilli flakes and also sea salt.
This Chocolate and pistachio bark with flaked almonds is a lovely Christmas bark which makes a perfect gift for a nut lover.
Chocolate Pistachio Bark
A combination of dark and white chocolate topped with flaked pistachios and rose scented flaked almonds.
- 240 g Dark Belgium Chocolate broken in to small pieces.
- 200 g Milk Chocolate broken into small pieces..
- 30 g flaked pistachio nuts
- 30 g flaked almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon red food colouring
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 drops rose essence
1. Place the flaked almonds in a zip lock bag, add the red food colouring and rose essence and 1/2 teaspoon water. Shake the bag until all the flaked almonds are coated in the red colouring. Transfer the almonds on to a tray that is lined with kitchen paper and leave the almonds to dry completely. 2. In a double boiler add the dark chocolate and melt it .3. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and pour a thin layer of the dark chocolate on it.4. Using a clean bowl melt the white chocolate on the double boiler. Once the white chocolate has melted fill up a piping bag with the melted white chocolate and swirl it on the dark chocolate in a random pattern.5. Garnish the chocolate bark with the flaked pistachio nuts and the rose flavoured red almonds.6. Leave the bark to set in the fridge for 30 minutes after which using a pizza wheel score the bark into squares. Return the bark back to the fridge to chill fully for another 3 hours.7. After three hours, remove the bark from the fridge and peel it away from the grease proof paper. Break it into pieces on the score lines. Transfer to gift box.
DetailsPrep time: Total time: Yield: 40 pieces