Mojito is a Cuban cocktail that is made using five key ingredients, rum, sugar, lime juice, mint leaves and sparkling water. This is a twist to the traditional Mojito where I have made it nonalcoholic by omitting the rum and adding a summer flavouring to it with the use of strawberries.
- 200ml Sparkling water
- 10 Mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons Strawberry Syrup
- 6 Fresh strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 Lime
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- 2 Mint leaves for garnish
- 2 Lime slices for garnish
- 2, Strawberries whole for garnish
2. In a jug add the lime quarters, diced strawberries, mint leaves and muddle to release the flavours. Divide this mixture equally into two tall glasses.
NB-You can find the recipe for the strawberry sauce/syrup here, alternatively you can use shop bought.
Since the strawberries are now coming into season you may like some more ideas in which you can make sure of them.
Strawberry Marble cake