Last week was the start of the Great British Bake off Series 7. I am a huge fan of this awesome show and really enjoy watching all the challenges and creations that the participants partake. I love the docile Mary Berry and the candid Paul Hollywood with his piercing blue eyes that are enough to give you the shakes!!! I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to make some bread with Paul at a recent bloggers event.You can read all about it here .
On last weeks GBBO episode we saw bakers bake a Drizzle cake, make Jaffa cakes and create a show stopper of a Genoise cake with a mirror glaze. I was totally inspired by the drizzle cakes and so here I am sharing my bake: Eggless Lemon Drizzle mini loaf cakes.
- 270g Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250g Sugar
- 75ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 220ml Water
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 30g Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Icing Sugar for dusting
5. Divide the batter into the eight loaf tins and place the tins into the middle shelf of the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes util cakes are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.6. Remove cakes from the oven and leave aside to cool.7. To make the drizzle warm the lemon juice, water and add the sugar, wait for it to dissolve and then remove from the heat.8. Using a skewer poke hole in the top of the cakes and spoon the warm syrup into the cakes.Leave the cakes aside for syrup to soak in9. Demold the cakes and sprinkle with a flurry of icing sugar before serving.
I used the Ninja Kitchen System with Nutri Ninja to whisk up my cake mix. The Ninja®Complete Kitchen System with Nutri Ninja® is a power machine that incorporates three appliances, a food processor, high speed blender and a nutrient extractor. Its 1,500 watt of power is perfect for all kitchen tasks such as mixing, blending, kneading,chopping and whipping.
I am delighted to have this addition to my kitchen as its going to be very handy whilst I create some exciting challenges inspired by the GBBO.
I am also excited to feature the Paul Hollywood bakeware by Kitchen Craft during my GBBO posts. The bakeware is made from extra thick carbon steel which won't warp during baking and will give all your cakes an even bake.The bakeware is dishwasher,fridge and freezer safe. Its100% PFOA, PTFE and BPA-free and comes with a 20 year guarantee (5 year non stick guarantee). The range is available in most cookware shops.
I was sent the The Ninja®Complete Kitchen System with Nutri Ninja® and the Paul Hollywood bakeware to review in the simplyfood kitchens.
I love the classic lemon drizzle cake, you can also check out some other drizzle cakes below:
Blueberry Loaf Cake with Lime Drizzle by Jac from Tinned Tomatoes
Lime, Coconut and Cardamom Loaf Cake by Choclette from Tin and Thyme
Blackberry cake with Orange drizzle by Jac from Tinned Tomatoes
Apple and Rum drizzled cake by Tracy from its not easy being greedy
Lemon rose and gin drizzle cake by Kevin from The crafty Larder
Submitting this to :
Great Bloggers Bake Off with Jenny from Mummy Mishaps.