English summer captured in every bite in these wonderful strawberry kisses mini muffins for world baking day.
12 oz / 360 g plain flour
8 oz sugar / 240 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
75 ml sunflower oil
250 ml water
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. Stir in the sugar into the flour.
4. In a jug mix together the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar and mix well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry by folding the cake mixture lightly with a metal spoon.
6. Line a mini muffin tray with muffin liners and keep aside.
7. Hull the strawberries and dice them into small pieces.
8. Fold the strawberries into the cake batter and fill the muffin liners with the batter.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and tooth pick outs out clean from the center of muffin.
10.Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
Serve with cup of tea or coffee
Kids Delight Sweet treats event by spice your life guest hosted by Nivedhanam