Carrot cake-A simple and easy cake made from carrots.Quick, simple and delicious with a cup of tea.
1 small bowl self raising flour
1 small bowl sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups grated carrot
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 small bowl cooking oil
1/2 small bowl water
1. Pre heat the oven to 350F
2.Grease a cake tin 9x13 inches and keep aside
3. In a bowl sieve the flour and baking powder
4. Add the cinnamon and salt and sugar
5. Add the carrots and mix throughly
6. In a separate bowl add the oil, water ,eggs and vanilla and mix.
7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold gently.Do not over mix.
8. Pour mixture into greased baking tin and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Leave to cool .
10.Once cooled you can add orange icing or just dust with icing sugar.
Cut into slices and serve with tea.