Tuesday, 27 October 2009
Chocolate crunch Barfi
Chocolate crunch Barfi -A lovely sweet made with chopped cashew nuts, almonds,pistachio nuts, cereal-corn flakes,rice crispies ,cocoa and golden syrup .Topped with delicious smooth milk chocolate. Simple and easy to make using basic ingredients.
125 g rich tea biscuits
250 g digestive biscuits
50 g butter
1/2 bowl rice crispies
1/2 bowl cornflakes
50 g desiccated coconut
250 g mixed chopped nuts (almonds/ pista /cashews)
250 g golden syrup
3 tablespoons cocoa
300 g milk chocolate
1. Crush the biscuits and cereal and add chopped nuts and desiccated coconut. Mix
2. Melt the butter, cocoa powder and golden syrup in a pan.
3. Add to biscuit, nut and cereal mixture, and mix thoroughly till everything is coated.
4. Place mixture in a greased thali, press it to pack it tightly in the thali, smoothing it out and leave to set.
5. Melt the chocolate and pour over the set mixture.
6. Leave to set, once set cut in slices and enjoy.
You may like:
Labels: Indian Mithai (sweets)
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.