Saturday, 13 March 2010
Chinese style fried rice.
Chinese style fried rice- Fragrant aromatic rice stir fried in Chinese style with a selection of crisp vegetable and flavoured with Soya sauce it makes a lovely lunch dish.
1 large bowl cold cooked rice
6 Baby corn cut into small rounds
½ carrot cut into thin rounds
1 tablespoon frozen peas,
1 water chestnut cut into thin slices
1/2 small red onion cut into thin slices
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 mushroom sliced
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dark Soya sauce
1/2 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon cashew nuts for garnishing
2 spring onions finely chopped for garnishing
1. In a wok heat the oil and fry the cashew nuts.
2. Remove cashew nuts and drain on kitchen paper.
3. In the remainder oil add the pre prepared vegetables except spring onions and stir fry on high heat about 3-4 mins.(Veg should still be crisp and retain shape)
4. Add the rice, salt and chilli sauce and Soya sauce. Toss (not stir as this will break the rice grains) till rice and vegetables are mixed and rice is heated through.
5. Transfer rice to serving dish and garnish with spring onions and fried cashew nuts.
You may like :
Sweet and sour sesame vegetables.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.