Monday, 26 July 2010
Moong bean Salad
Moong bean salad-A healthy and delicious salad full of protein and low in calories.Refreshingly delicious with a spicy tangy dressing.
200 grams dried moong beans
2 inch piece cucumber finely diced
1 small red onion finely diced
1 medium tomato finely diced
1 /2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper coarsely ground
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
2 green chillies finely chopped
1. Wash and soak the moong beans over night.
2. Boil the soaked moong beans in little water until tender but firm, they should not be over cooked and mushy.
3. Drain the moong beans of any cooking water in them and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the diced cucumber, tomato, onions to the boiled moong beans. Toss the mixture, Add the chopped coriander.Toss again.
5. In a screw top jar add all the dressing ingredients and mix throughly.
6. Pour the dressing over the moong and vegetables.Toss and mix throughly.
Chill salad before serving.
I love this salad because is tasty , healthy and really wonderful to eat whilst on a calorie controlled diet, unlike plain boring salads I can eat platefuls of this as its tangy, spicy and really satisfies my palate when I want something savory and tasty. Dieting made easy with this salad.
The best 30 recipe 2010
You may like:
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.