This is simply. food’s first blog event.
Flavours of Gujarat.
From August 5th - September 30th
Gujarati cuisine is very vibrant, tasty and is a very flavoursome. The vast array of dishes are all very distinct and unique and will tickle and tantalise your taste buds taking you on a culinary journey that you will not regret. I am inviting all blogger friends to participate and support this event and help to make it successful.
Gujarati cuisine refers to the cuisine of the Gujarat; this being predominant in western-India. It is mainly vegetarian. Cuisine can vary widely in flavour and heat, depending on the region of Gujarat they are from. North Gujarat, Kathiawad, Kachchh, and South Gujarat are the four major regions of Gujarat that all bring their own style to Gujarati food. Many Gujarati dishes are distinctively sweet, salty, and spicy at the same time. Some regions in gujarat omit garlic and onions from their cooking too.To get more information on dishes of Gujarat please click here.
Criteria for entry:
1. Any dish from Gujarat. Vegetarian only- eggs allowed.
2. Multiple entries welcome.
3. I would encourage you to try new recipes although archived recipes are welcome but please repost it again with the logo and linking back to this announcement page.
4. Non- bloggers are also welcome for this event. Just mail me your recipe and picture of your dish with your name and email ID
This is mandatory:
- Please link back to this announcement page.
- I would appreciate it if you could promote this event by placing the event logo in your post.
Please click here to send your entries:
Alternatively you may email the following details to email@example.com.
Image 300 px width – no larger
In subject please write Flavours of Gujarat event.
Looking forward to your entries.
This is going to be a series of events, each event will be running for a duration of two months. Any blogger wishing to host one of these events on behalf of simply.food please email me request of event you would like to host with your details.
Forthcoming events will be:
Flavours of Punjab ~1st October 2010 -30th November 2010
Flavours of Goa ~ 1st December 2010- 31st January 2011
Flavours of Maharastra ~ 1st February 2011- 31st March 2011
Flavours of Bengal ~1st April - 31st May 2011
Flavours of Rajasthan ~ 1st June -31st July 2011
Flavours of South India ~ 1st August -30th September