Eggless double chocolate chip cake-Melt in the mouth rich and moist texture. Extremely chocolatey enriched with white and dark chocolate chips and topped with a milk chocolate ganache topping and more white chocolate chips. This cake is only for the die hard chocolate lovers.
225 grams all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
250 grams cocoa
275 grams sugar
175 grams butter (room temperature)
175 grams natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons egg replacer (or 3 eggs)
3 tablespoons water
75 grams chocolate chip
50 grams milk chocolate chip
For chocolate ganache:
50 grams butter (room temperature)
50 grams Cocoa
200 grams milk chocolate
3 tablespoons milk
50 grams icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees centigrade/325 farenheit
2. Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin.
3. In a bowl add the sugar and butter and beat till it is light and fluffy.
4. Add the yoghurt, vanilla essence, water and mix throughly.
5. In separate bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and egg replacer.
6.Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet, taking care not to over mix. Fold in half the white chocolate chip and all the milk chocolate chip.
7. Spoon mixture into a prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes .Cake is ready when skewer inserted in centre come out clean.
8. Remove cake from oven and leave to cool.
9. In a microwaveable dish, melt the chocolate, once chocolate is melted add the cocoa, butter, milk and icing sugar and beat to make a rich ganache.
10. Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with remaining white chocolate chip.
You may like: