3 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
3 green chillies cut into long slits
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger paste (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon whole cumin (jeera)seeds
1 teaspoon salt (optional) or sindhav salt rock salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon red chillli powder
1.5 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon roasted or fried peanuts.
1. In a pan add the oil when hot add the cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
2. Add the chilli slits and fry slightly.
3.Add the potato slices and toss to coat them with the oil.
4. Dry fry the potatoes till they slightly crisp up for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the salt, black pepper powder and chilli powder and toss the potatoes.
6. Cover and cook on low flame till potatoes are tender.
7. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped coriander
Serve with yoghurt and fried/roasted peanuts.
simply.food ~ flavours of gujarat event.