½ cup saboodana (sago/tapioca)
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon almond slivers
½ table pistachio slivers
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 pinch saffron.
3 tablespoons sugar
¾ cup water for soaking saboodana
1. Wash and soak the sabudana in the water and leave to soak for 2 hours.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan heat the milk till it comes to boil, once it is boiling reduce heat and simmer on medium heat till it thickens ( about 10 minutes) stir constantly so that milk does not scorch.
3. Add the soaked saboodana to the milk and cook, stirring constantly till the saboodana turns translucent and when pressed between thumb and finger there is no hardness.
4. Add the sugar and the saffron and cardamom and cook for 3-4 minutes more.Keep stirring.
5. Add half the almonds and pistachio and stir into the kheer.
6. Transfer kheer to serving bowls and garnish with remaining almonds and pistachio slivers.
NB- saboodana kheer will thicken once it cools.
Nivedita' s Celebrate with Sweets kheer event hosted by Taste of Pearl City
Jagruti -joy of cooking complete my thali mithai event- hosted by Mina of authentic vegetarian food
On this special occasion of diwali simply.food would like to wish all its readers a very Happy Diwali and an auspicious and prosperous new year.Thankyou to all my visitors, and blogger friends who have made simply.food what it is today. I really appreciate all your visits, comments and support.