Saturday, 20 November 2010
Sooji (semolina) halwa
120g / 4oz fine sooji (semolina)
120g / 4oz sugar
3 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
250 ml milk
Few strands saffron
Few almond slivers for garnish.
1. In a heavy bottom pan add the ghee and add the semolina, stir fry in ghee till sooji turns light brown. (Approx 10 minutes)
2. Warm the milk in the microwave and add the saffron, leave for milk to be infused with the saffron flavour.
3. Add the milk to the browned semolina and stir till mixture thickens and all the milk is absorbed.
4. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix till sugar is melted and well mixed with the semolina.
5. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with almond slivers, alternatively to make semolina barfi transfer the halwa to a greased tray and pat the halwa into it smoothing it down with a back of a spoon. Garnish with almond slivers.
6. Once cool cut to desired shapes
You may like Rava ladoos
Labels: Indian Desserts
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.