Fresh green spinach cooked with chickpeas in a spicy and aromatic gravy.
400 grams fresh green spinach leaves
200 grams pre boiled white chickpeas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 red dried chilli
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium tomtoes blended to a puree
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon kitchen king spice powder
100 ml water.
3 tablespoons cream( optional)
1. Wash and chop the spinach leaves finely.
2. In a pan add the oil and heat, when oil is hot add the mustard seeds and red chilli , allow to splutter. Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds.Add the pureed tomatoes and the tomato paste.
3. Add salt, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder and kitchen king spice .Cook the tomatoes till they start to separate oil. Add the spinach , water and the chickpeas and cover and simmer for 10 minutes till spinach has wilted.Adjust gravy to personal preference by adding little more water if desired.
4. If adding cream take the curry off the heat and stir the cream into the curry add at this stage
4. Transfer to a serving dish .
Serve with roti or rice.
You may like:
Flavours of Maharastra event by simply.food guest hosted by PJ of seduce your tastebuds