Thursday, 16 June 2011
Black Cherry Tarts
Delectable tangy and sweet and plump black cherries baked in flaky melt in the mouth pastry.
480 grams black ripe cherries
120 grams Sugar
60 ml water
1 teaspoon cherry essence
Ready rolled puff pastry.
Plain flour for rolling pastry and icing sugar for dusting.
1. In a heavy bottomed pan add the water and sugar and simmer on low heat till sugar melts.
2. Wash and remove stones from cherries and add to pan with the cherry essence.
3. Simmer the cherries in sugar syrup till they start to break down and syrup becomes thick.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool
5. On a flat surface dusted with flour roll out the puff pasty sheet and cut into 3 inch circles with cookie cutter.
6. Place the circles on a greased baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. On the pasty circles with water wet the position 12 o clock, 3 o clock , 6 o clock and 9 o clock with water and pinch together really hard at this points to form a square basket. Leave to dry for 10 minutes otherwise baskets will fall open during baking.
8. Fill baskets with cherry compote and bake in pre heated oven 220 degrees / 400 farenheit for 20 minutes till parcels are golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and cool .
Once cooled dust with icing sugar .
You may like :
Food palette purple series by Torview
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.