Spongy and perfectly soft idly made instantly in jiffy.
500ml natural sour yoghurt
480 grams/ 16 oz fine semolina
75 ml water
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste
2 teaspoons finely chopped green chillies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 teaspoons eno salts
1.In a mixing bowl add the yoghurt, water, and semolina and mix together to form a dropping consistency batter.
2. Add the salt, turmeric,powder ginger paste, chillies and oil and mix together.
3. Divide the batter into two parts.
4. Heat water in a steamer and oil idly mould.
5. Add 1 teaspoon eno salts to one of the parts of batter and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into idly moulds and steam for 15 minutes.
7. Idly is ready when it is set and feels spongy to touch.
8. Remove from steamer and repeat for second batch of batter a per instruction 5-7.
Serve idly with hot red pepper chutney.
Submitting to :
Flavours of South India event by simply.food.