This is my entry for Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Its a beautiful concept where not only do you get to make new blogger friends, cook from their blogs but in return they visit your blog and try out your recipes too.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesday here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form 2 groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular month. This happens every 2nd wednesday of the month. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The following month you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
This recipe is from Sumeda of Sumees Culinary.The blog has a large variety of delicious recipes and I was spoilt for choice in choosing one .For blog hop I selected the Pizza muffin bread recipe which sounded very unusual and something I had not tried before. I made a few simple changes such as adding chilli flakes, apple cider vinegar and pizza sauce to the recipe. I also baked the bread in a bread tin. The Original recipe can be found here.
Delicious savoury bread with italian pizza flavours.
240 grams / 8 oz wholemeal flour
240 grams / 8 oz plain Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons pizza sauce (homemade or shop bought)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 spring onions finely chopped
6 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 green capsicum finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1.Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degees F
2.Spray/ Grease the bread tin.
3.In a pan add 1 tablespoon oil and heat it up, fry the onions and capsicums in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the pizza sauce, salt, chilli flakes and italian spice and tomatoes mix well.Remove from heat and cool.
5. In a big bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add cheese, yogurt, olive oil , vinegar and the vegetable mix and combine with a spoon.
6.Add water little at a time and gently mix everything together.(Only add enough water to make a dropping consistency mixture)
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared bread tin and smooth the top.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.Test if done by inserting a skewer in the bread, if it comes out clean its ready.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Serve with garlic butter.