Delicately scented with rose syrup , a creamy rich pudding that will tickle and tantalise your taste buds.
500ml skimmed milk
100ml full cream
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons rose syrup
6 tablespoons strawberry jam (or sweetened strawberry fruit purée )
Flaked almonds and chopped pistachio nuts for garnish.
1. In a heavy bottomed pan add the milk and corn flour and mix well until there are no lumps.Heat the milk and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
2. Add the sugar and mix it in well until it is dissolved . Keep stirring the mixture for 2-3 minutes longer until the mixture has a consistency that would coat the back of a spoon.(Once mixture cools it will thicken some more so do not be tempted over cook it)
3. Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the rose syrup and cream and mix well. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add the jam to a microwaveable dish and warm it slightly to soften it.
5. Take 6 small serving glasses and spoon the jam into the bottom of each glass.
6. Gently spoon on top of the jam the pudding mixture.
7. Garnish with coarsely chopped pistachio nuts and almond slivers.
8. Let the pudding cool to room temperature and then chill in the fridge before serving.
Submitting to :
Flavours of Morocco event by simply.food Guest hosted by Mireille of Global creations
You may like:
Moroccan and chickpea couscous salad in a jar