A healthy and delicious treat perfect to serve as a snack or after dinner treat.
8 ripe soft medjool dates
60 ml hot water
30 g pistachio nuts
30 g cashew nuts
30 g almonds
30 g dessicated coconut
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Pinch of saffron
1. Remove the stones from the dates and chop finely. Place the dates in a bowl and add 60 ml boiling water and the saffron strands and leave from 1 hour.
2. In a coffee grinder coarsely grind the pistachio nuts, cashew nuts and almonds.
3. In a large bowl mix together the coarsely ground nuts, dessicated coconut, sugar, cardamom powder.
4. Using the back of a spoon mash together the soaked dates. Add the soaked dates to the nut mixture a little at a time until all the ingredients are combined. Mixture should not be too wet and if made into balls should retain shape.
5. Pinch small walnut sized balls of the mixture and push them into silicon chocolate moulds to shape them.
6. Once all the mixture is shaped in the moulds place the tray in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
7. De mould the barfi and keep refrigerated .
Lets cook sweet treats for Easter event by simply.food
Taste of Tropics ~ Dates Event by Chef Mireille guest hosted by citrusspice
Javelin Warrior Cookin/with luv