Halwa an Indian sweet dessert that is served with a main meal and can be made from a variety of fruits and vegetables. The sweetness from the dates and raisins makes this halwa delectable.
180 grams/ 6 oz grated pumpkin
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
2 tablespoons sugar
6 ripe majdool dates chopped finely
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Few almond and pistachio flakes for garnish
1 teaspoon dessicated coconut.
1. Place the grated pumpkin in a microwaveable bowl, add 4 tablespoons of water and cook the pumpkin for 6 minutes until well cooked.
2. Remove the pumpkin from the microwave and mash it up using the back of a spoon.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan and add the pumpkin, cook the pumpkin on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring continuously to stop it sticking to the pan. Cook until all the moisture has evaporated and pumpkin starts to leave sides of pan.
4. Add the sugar and the dates and the raisins and cook the halwa for 3-4 minutes longer again keep stirring it to stop it sticking. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with grated coconut, almond flakes and pistachio slivers.
Lets cook sweet treats for Easter event by simply.food
Taste of Tropics ~ Dates Event by Chef Mireille guest hosted by citrusspice
Javelin Warrior Cookin/with luv