With the summer ending and Autumn is gradually creeping upon us, I feel I still want to savour the al fresco dining experience. With the rain it's impossible to light a barbecue and cook outside so what better way than to create the same barbecued food indoors on a griddle and pair it up with some delicious salads and awesome drinks such as Yeni Raki.
Yeni Raki is Turkey's world famous national drink. It has the most aromatic anise flavour made with distilling grapes and aniseed. It makes the meal perfect when paired with appetisers and grilled foods.
I was most inspired by the dishes, but being vegetarian they were not suitable for my diet and so I decided to create my very own vegetarian dish that could be paired with this amazing drink.
The succulent Paneer Tikka marinated in aromatic spices and griddled makes the perfect vegetarian option to go with the Yeni Reki. You can see the lovely recipe below.
Paneer Tikka Skewers
Succulents chunks of paneer marinated in a rich spicy yoghurt sauce and griddled.
- 240 g Block of paneer
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Green chilli minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons Natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Tikka masala paste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander
- 1 small Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
1. Cut the paneer into 2cm cubes, you should have at least 12 pieces of paneer (three for each skewer)2. Cut the capsicums into 1 inch pieces. You should have at least 12 pieces (three for each skewer)3. Peel the onion and cut into 1 inch pieces. You should have at least 12 pieces (three for each skewer)4. In a bowl add the yoghurt, chilli paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, chilli powder, tikka masala paste and lemon juice and mix all the ingredients together.5.Add the chopped onions,capsicums and paneer into the marinade and toss together.Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for 2 hours to marinade.6.After two hours take the bowl out of the fridge and thread the paneer, peppers and onions onto the skewers alternating them. Repeat for all four skewers. 7.Spray some oil onto a griddle and place 2 of the skewers onto the hot griddle. Cook the skewers until griddle lines appear approx 3-4 minutes after which turn then around and cook the second side. You can brush a little more marinade on top of the skewers to stop paneer drying out.8. Repeat for all remaining 2 skewers.9.Serve the Tikka masala Paneer skewers on a bed of lemon rice and garnished with fresh coriander
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 skewers
This post was sponsored by Yeni Raki, all opinions expressed in this post are my own and unbiased.