**WARNING** Try at own risk!!! :) This cake is not for the faint hearted.You have to have a serious sweet tooth, have a genuine love affair with Nutella, chocolate and Cadbury's Creame Eggs!!!! A small slice will go a long way especially round your waist!!!
Cadburys Creme Eggless pancake roll cake
Eggless crepes rolled with nutella, topped with fresh cream and Cadbury's creme eggs.
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- A small pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- A few squirts Sunflower spray oil
- 1.5 cups Skimmed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate chips
- 100 ml Fresh Double cream
- 2 large and 8 mini Cadbury's creme eggs
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
1. Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside2.To the flour add the sugar, vanilla, melted butter and milk and make a thin batter. Cover and leave the batter to rest for 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture into the OXO pancake batter dispenser for easy pouring.3.Spray the frying pan with sunflower spray and wipe surplus off with kitchen paper.4.Place the frying pan to warm up and pour a thin layer of batter into the frying pan, swirl the pan around until batter is thinly spread and covering the whole pan. Wait for bubbles to form and them flick the pan cake and cook underside.Repeat for all batter and keep pancakes covered whilst making more.To Assemble your pancake cake. Whip up the double cream until it's stiff peaks and fill up a piping bag with a star nozzle.2. Lay a pancake on a flat surface and spread with nutella, sprinkle with a few chocolate chips. Roll up the pancakes and arrange the pancake in a spiral in a serving dish. Make all the pancakes in this way and keep adding them to the serving dish in a swirl until the whole dish is packed with pancake swirls.Spread a little more nutella on the top and sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top.Pipe some fresh cream rosettes on top and then decorate with some chopped up cadbury's creme eggs, letting the insides ooze out.Chill and serve.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Serves 4
The pancake batter dispenser, the stainless steel mixing bowl and the 9 inch balloon whisk featured in this post are all available from Oxo and they would make ideal utensils to have in your kitchen for baking. I was sent the samples to review by OXO, all the opinions are my own.