Eggless Chocolate chip muffins- Soft light and extremely chocolatey muffins, delicious with a surprising bite of chocolate chips in each mouthful.
1.5 cups plain flour (maida)
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup apple sauce (substitute for egg)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white chocolate chip
200 grams milk chocolate
Decorations/sprinkles of choice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
2. Line the muffin pan with muffin liners.
3. In a bowl sieve the flour with the salt, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and baking powder.
4. In another bowl whisk together the apple sauce, sugar, oil and milk.
5. Gently fold in the flour with the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Gently stir in the white chocolate chip and fill each muffin case ¾ full.
7. Bake in oven for approx 20-25 minutes. Bake muffins until golden brown and check muffin with a skewer; if it comes out clean they are ready.
8. Remove from oven and transfer muffins to cooling rack.
For the topping:
1. In a double boiler melt the chocolate.
2. Using a palate knife spread the chocolate over the top of each muffin and sprinkles with decorations of your choice.
You may like:
Fuss free flavours and fingers and toes breakfast event~ muffins