Saturday, 24 April 2010
Cabbage rice- An easy and simple way to use up cold rice and turn it into a healthy, delectable and nutritious dish using simple ingredients.
½ bowl finely shredded white cabbage
1 bowl precooked cold boiled rice
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 red dried chilli
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onions.
2 green chillies finely chopped
1. Separate the rice grains and add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder and mix into the rice coating all the grains.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and when hot add the mustard seeds and red dried chilli.
3. Wait for it to splutter and add the shredded cabbage.
4. Toss the cabbage till it just begins to wilt and is slightly tender.
5. Add the rice and stir fry till it heats through. Tossing and turning it so that rice and cabbage blend together.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and stir in the green chillies and spring onions.
7. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the rice and serve with fresh yoghurt or raita.
You may like:
Lemon Rice with sweet corn and coconut.
Yasmeen health Nut -Cook with cruciferous-challenge-and-cauliflower challenge.
Labels: Ten minute recipes.
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.