Carrot pickle-A spicy quick and easy instant carrot pickle, an ideal accompaniment to paratha’s, puris and rotis.
2 large carrots
2 tablespoon achar masala
3 tablespoons olive oil.
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turmeric
1. Wash and peel the carrots and cut into two inch long match sticks.
2. Place the carrots in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and turmeric. Toss and leave for 2-3 hours.(Water will release from the carrots.)
3. After 3 hours drain any excess water from the carrots and spread them out on tray. Leave to sun dry or place in a warm dry place for 1 day. (I placed my tray of carrots on the shelf above the kitchen radiator.)
4. Carrots at this stage should just start to look dehydrated and slightly shrunk in size. (Do not over dry or pickle will be chewy)
5. Tranfer carrots to bowl and sprinkle with achar masala and toss. Add the oil and mix.
6. Transfer to sterilised jar and store in refrigerator. (Will keep up to 3-4 weeks)
Enjoy with puris, paratha’s or rotis.
You may like Mango chutney.