Moong dhal pudlas (pancakes)- Moong dhal pancakes healthy, protein packed and simply delicious flavoured with spring onions and fenugreek (Methi ).
1 cup split moong dhal with husk
1.5 cups water
½ cup yoghurt
1 teaspoon eno salts
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
2 green chillies finely chopped
½ cup fresh chopped fenugreek
3 spring onions finely chopped
3 tablespoons sunflower oil for cooking pancakes.
1. Wash the moong dhal and drain water put in blender.
2. Add the salt, turmeric, ginger paste, chillies and fenugreek.
3. Add the measured water and yoghurt and blend to form a dropping consistency batter.
4. Stir in the chopped spring onions and the eno salts.
4. Heat frying pan and oil it. Place a ladle full of mixture and spread it to form a small pancake. (These pancakes are thicker and smaller than the average pancake)
5. Once pancake batter starts to set flip the pancake over and cook underside.
6. Place on kitchen paper and repeat process for rest of batter. Makes about 12 pancakes.
Serve with yoghurts and carrot pickle.
You may like Pudlas