Sweet Vermicelli- A lovely sweet dish beautifully aromatic and fragrant with spices such as cinnamon cloves,nutmeg and cardamom.
125 grams vermicelli
2 tablespoons melted ghee
2 sticks of cinnamon
1.5 cups water
Pinch saffron strands
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
1. Break the vermicelli into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan add the cloves and cinnamon stick and add the vermicelli .
3. Roast in ghee the vermicelli until golden brown, stirring so that it colours evenly.
4. Add hot water and saffron and bring to the boil, then turn heat low, cover and simmer gently until vermicelli is cooked. (About 20 minutes)
5. Add sugar and cook uncovered until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir in 2/3 of the almonds( reserve rest) and add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
7. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with remainder 1/3 of almond slivers.
You may like:
Priyas tasty n easy recipes-Cook with cardamom event.