Strawberry Ice cream- A taste of summer sunshine, scrumptious and luscious strawberries folded into creamy condensed milk and cream. With bite size pieces of fresh strawberries in every mouthful, this home made strawberry ice cream is classy and will leave you wanting more and more.
400 grams fresh strawberries (for purée)
400 grams for folding into ice cream and garnish
397 grams condensed milk ( 1 full can)
100 grams fresh double cream
1 tablespoon sugar (optional if strawberries are little sharp)
1. Wash the 400 grams of strawberries and chop up into bite sized pieces.
2. In a blender jug add the chopped strawberries and add sugar. Blend to a fine puree.
3. In a bowl add the condensed milk and the cream and whip till light and fluffy.
4. Fold in the strawberry puree.
5. Pour the mixture into a tupperware container and place in freezer.
6. After 3 hours take the ice cream out of the freezer and stir with a fork to break any ice crystals.
7. At 3 hours intervals repeat this process twice more (In total 3 times)
8. After the third time take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
9. In mean time reserving 8 strawberries for garnish, chop the remainder into bite size pieces.
10. Fold the strawberry pieces into the ice cream.
11. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream into serving bowl , garnish with the reserved strawberries.
NB- Alternatively you can skip stages 5,6 and 7 if you have an ice cream maker.
I love this recipe because strawberries reminds me of lazy hazy summerdays, wimbledon, school holidays , sunkissed days on the beach , the laughter of squealing kids and above all refreshing melting ice cream that is free from colour, preservatives and totally guilt free.
The 30 best recipe of 2010
Cook.Eat.Delicious.Desserts strawberries event by Raven, guest hosted by Sizzling Tastebuds.
You may like:
Saffron ~ Cardamom ice cream
Spicy tasty-sizzling summer contest.