Flaky puff pastry tart with a spicy mouth watering delectable Mexican filling.
1 sheet ready to roll puff pastry.
½ cup precooked sweet corn
½ cup pre cooked peas
½ cup precooked kidney beans
1 carrot grated
1 onion finely sliced
½ red pepper diced
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon olive oil.
1. Heat oil in a pan when hot fry the onions till brown and almost turning crispy.
2. Add the grated carrot and diced peppers and stir fry for 2-3 minutes till both are softened.
3. Add the peas, sweet corn, salt paprika and tomato puree.
4. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes till masala is dry and moisture free.
5. Grease a baking try and place the rolled out puff pastry on it.
6. Using sharp knife score around all four edges of the pastry rectangle 2 cm from edge taking care not to cut through the pastry.
7. Spoon the masala mixture onto the pastry with in the scored lines.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 200 º C/ 400 º F for 30 minutes till pastry is golden brown.
Serve hot with salad.
You may like:
Veggie puff pastry parcels