Monday, 13 September 2010
Mini Vegetable pies
Melt in the mouth flaky golden brown pastry, with a tasty vegetable filling.
1 sheet ready to roll short crust pastry
2 oz precooked sweet corn
2 oz precooked kidney beans
1 small onion finely diced
1 tablespoon tomato puree
2 oz boiled potatoes finely diced
2 oz baked beans in tomato sauce.
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper powder
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1. In a frying pan heat the oil when hot add the onions and sauté till translucent.
2. Add the sweet corn, kidney beans and potato and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the baked beans, 2 tablespoons of water, tomato puree, salt and pepper and Tabasco sauce and cook till spices infuse into vegetable mixture. Keep aside to cool.
4. Roll out the pastry and cut six 4 inch round circles and six 2.5 inch circles for lids using a cookie cutter.
5. Line a muffin pan with the six larger circles, pushing the pastry to shape the muffin holes.
6. Fill each pastry case with the filling and place a lid on the top. Press down pastry to secure the lids.
7. Make a small hole in the centre of each lid to allow the steam to release when cooking. Decorate pie tops with remaining pastry trimmings if desired
8. Bake pies in pre heated oven at 200º C / 400º F for 30 minutes till golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve warm with salad.
You may like:
Veggie puff pastry parcels.
Creativesanyukta's ~ a visual treat event
Labels: Pies/ Bakes
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.