Great is the sun, and wide he goes
Through empty heaven with repose;
And in the blue and glowing days
More thick than rain he showers his rays.
Though closer still the blinds we pull
To keep the shady parlour cool,
Yet he will find a chink or two
To slip his golden fingers through.
Summer Sun by Robert Louis Stevenson
With the summer heat there is nothing better than a refreshing and cooling drink to rehydrate you and quench your thirst.This wonderful event is all about DRINKS.
Mocktails are virgin drinks ie they have no alcohol in them. Try your hand at them, use any fruits, juices, non alcoholic spritzers, sparkling water to create a mocktail. Give it a zanny name and post it on your blog.
Be creative garnish it with a simple fruit / veg garnish, shaped ice cubes, coloured suger, sugar crystalised flowers in fact any decoration that you wish.
Coolers are any thing that makes you feel cool and quenches your thirst, it can be smoothies, lassis (yoghurt drink), milkshakes, fruit or vegetable juices. Again be creative, garnish it and present it on your blog.
This event has been created by Pari Vasisht of Foodelicious and I am very excited to host this event . I would also like to share the news that Pari is offering prizes for three entries picked at randon (Two at simply.food and one at Foodelicious.)
Two books by Tarla Dalal called party drinks will be for this event and for a third prize a book called Pure and Simple by Vidhu Mittal ,you need to leave your post link in the comments section on Pari's Coolers and Mocktails give away page.(Due to shipping only Indian residents will be eligible for the prize draw.) The winner will be announced after the event closes and notified .
Rules of The Event:
1. Any number of fresh entries can be sent but only 2 enties from the archive will be accepted. Archived entries must be reposted, else will not be accepted.
2. Only non alcoholic drinks will be accepted ( no cocktails)
3. Use of logo is mandatory as it helps spread the word.
4. The entry should be linked back to this event announcement page and Pari's Only COOLERS AND MOCKTAILS giveaway page.
5. The two winner for the Tarla Dalal books will be chosen by me by random. org after the round up is completed and the third book by Vidhu Mittal will be chosen by Pari so don't forget to visit Pari's page and leave your post link to qualify.
6.Non bloggers can also participate , by sending in their recipe and image.
Pls send your entries in this format:
Image no larger than 300 pixels
Please put in email subject -Coolers and Mocktails Event
Send entries to: