Thursday, 23 June 2011
Cherry Ice cream
Delicious creamy and smooth icecream with succulent pieces of cherry . A subtle hint of vanilla flavour compliments the sweet cherries making this icecream not only a visual treat but a gastronomical treat to the palate too.
480 grams black ripe cherries
2 oz sugar
60 ml water
240 ml Double cream
387 grams sweetened condensed cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Stone the cherries and place in a heavy bottom saucepan.
2. Add the water and sugar and bring to boil, keep stirring the mixture till the cherries soften and break down slightly and a sauce begins to form with cherries and sugar.(Approx 10 minutes )
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a bowl whip together the condensed milk and cream and the vanilla.
5. Fold in 2/3 of the cooled cherry compote into the cream mixture and chill the remaining third for serving with ice cream.
6. Transfer mixture to a tupper ware container and place in freezer.
7. After 2-3 hours remove the ice cream from the freezer and stir to break any ice crystals.
8. Repeat this process at 3 hourly intervals twice more.
9. To serve the ice cream remove from freezer and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes.
10. Scoop the ice cream into serving bowls and top with the chilled reserved cherry compote.
NB -If you have an ice cream maker steps 6-8 are not needed , instead freeze ice ream as per ice cream maker instructions.
You may like:
Strawberry Ice cream
Torview Food palette series - purple
Only Icecream event by Pari guested hosted by Kaarasaaram
Labels: Icecream/ Sorbets/Sundae
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.