Thursday, 7 July 2011
Mixed Dhal Pudlas (Pancakes)
Rich in protein and very light these pancakes with added vegetables makes them a wonderful and tasty snack.
4 tablespoons tuvar dhal
8 tablespoons chana dhal
4 tablespoons moong dhal with husk
4 tablespoons moong dhal without husk
1 small red onion finely diced
1 small carrot peeled and grated
1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
2 tablespoons fresh chopped fenugreek (methi)
1.5 teaspoons salt
4 green chilles finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
6 tablespoons Oil (for cooking pancakes)
1. Wash and soak all four dhals in hot water for few hours.
2. Drain access water and grind the dhal in a grinder.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder and mix.
4. Add the finely chopped onion, grated carrot and the chillis and ginger paste.
5. Add enough water so make the batter of pouring consistency.
6. In a non stick frying pan , oil the frying pan and pour a adle full of the pancake mixture. Swirl around till mixture forms a thin pancake .
7. Drizzle a little oil around the pancake, when it is set and bubbles begin to form, flip the pan cake over and cook bottom side ,drizzle a little more oil as required.
8. Remove pancake when it is cooked and repeat for remaining batter.
Serve with pickle and yoghurt chutney.
Moong dhal pudlas
Healthy Snacks event by Foodblog news
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.