1 cup basmati rice
2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
3 tablespoons jaggery (gor)
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 tablespoon almond slivers
1/2 tablespoons almond flakes
1/2 teaspoon saffron.
2 cups boiling water
1. Wash and soak the rice for 1 hour.
2. Drain the soaked rice and keep aside.
3. Heat clarified butter in a pan and when it is hot add the rice and stir fry till all grains are coated in ghee and slightly toasted.
4. Add half the saffron and and 2 cups boiling water to the rice.
5. Cover and cook rice for 20 minutes on the lowest heat setting.
6. After 20 minutes of cooking time add the jaggery to the rice do not stir it in just cover and cook for another 5-8 minutes. The heat from the rice will melt the jaggery.
7. After the final cooking time, add the almond slivers and cardamom powder and gently stir the rice to separate the grains.
8. Transfer rice to serving platter and garnish with almond flakes and remaining saffron strands.
You may like:
Flavours of Rajasthan event by simply.food guested by Sonu of Palatecorner