Delicious chocolate muffins that are healthy simply scrumpticious.
This is my 1st entry for Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Its a beautiful concept where not only do you get to make new blogger friends, cook from their blogs but in return they visit your blog and try out your recipes too.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesday here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular week. This happens every alternate Wednesdays. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The alternate week you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
My allocated blog for this post was Pinky's Pink recipe Diary. I was excited to visit this blog and was amazed at the wonderful and diverse recipes on offer. Browsing through them I stumbled at a chocolate muffin recipe that I was drawn towards as it was eggless and also used an ingredient "vinegar " that I had not tried in baking before. The original recipe can be found here.
Changes I made were :
Used milk chocolate instead of dark.
Substituted flora cuisine for butter
Iced the muffins with chocolate ganache .
- Yielded 8 generous sized muffins .
- Muffins turned out wonderful and tasted delicious,although they craked slightly at the top during baking .I resolved this by covering them with chocolate ganache.
- I found them not quite sweet enough so next time I will add 1 tablespoon extra sugar.
Dry Ingredients:11/2 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup grated milk chocolate
Wet Ingredients:4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
90 ml Flora Cuisine
1/2 cup milk + 2 tbsp
11/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup grated milk chocolate.
90 grams/ 3 oz milk chocolate
1 tablespoon icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk.
1.Line a muffin pan with muffin cases and preheat oven at 175 Degrees C for 10 mins.2.Sieve flour , baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl.
3.Melt butter in a pan , add milk and more than 1/4 cup chocolate and brown sugar.
4.Whisk the mixture till the chocolate has completely melted, and when cooled add vinegar.
5. Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.Add the remaining chocolate and fold again.
6. Using an icecream scoop to get even size portion scoop the batter into 8 large muffin cases.
7. Bake the muffins for 20- 25 mins at 175 degrees C /350degrees F. To check if muffins are done insert a toothpick at this stage and see that it comes out clean.(Mine were ready in 20 minutes)
8. Once baked remove from oven and cool the muffins .
10.Dip the muffins into the chocolate ganache and sprinkle with candy sprinkles.Leave to set.
You may like :