Monday, 7 November 2011
Chocolate Crunch Nut Barfi
Chocolate crunch Barfi -A lovely sweet made with chopped cashew nuts, almonds,pistachio nuts, cereal-corn flakes,rice crispies ,cocoa and golden syrup .Topped with delicious smooth milk chocolate. Simple and easy to make using basic ingredients.Ingredients:
125 g rich tea biscuits
250 g digestive biscuits
50 g butter
1/2 bowl rice crispies
1/2 bowl cornflakes
50 g desiccated coconut
250 g mixed coarsely chopped nuts (almonds/ pista /cashews)
250 g golden syrup
3 tablespoons cocoa
300 g milk chocolate
50g White chocolate for decoration
1. Crush the biscuits and cereal and add it to a large bowl. Add chopped nuts and desiccated coconut. Mix
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the cocoa powder and golden syrup.
3. Pour the syrup into biscuit, nut and cereal mixture, and mix thoroughly till everything is evenly coated.
4. Place mixture in a greased thali, press it to pack it tightly in the thali, smoothing it out and leave to set.
5. Melt the milk chocolate and when it is melted pour over the set barfi mixture.
6. Melt the white chocolate separately , when it has melted fill a piping bag with the white chocolate and pipe vertical lines over the milk chocolate.
7. Take a cocktail stick and feather the white chocolate into the milk chocolate either by drawing vertical lines or swirls.
6. Leave to set, once set cut in slices and enjoy.
You may like:
Festive Foods event by Srav
Love Lock Event
Labels: Indian Mithai (sweets)
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.