Total Greek yoghurt comes in three varieties classic, 2% and 0%, and two sizes 170g and 500g. The individual 150g pot also comes as a split pot with 120g of 0% yoghurt and 30g of flavours such as honey,strawberry,blueberry and tropical fruits.
The yoghurt was rich and creamy and tasted great and above all it is:
· 100% natural
· LOW (or no fat)
· No additives or preservatives
· Made with only 2 ingredients – milk and live yoghurt cultures
· A good source of protein
· Incredibly versatile
· A great substitute for cream, crème fraiche and mayo.
I tried it in cakes, used it to make a salad dressing, made smoothies with it and even attempted frozen yoghurt with the delicious fruit flavours with wonderful results.
My only complaint was that the individual 120g yoghurt split pot was generously filled to the brim and it was almost impossible to add the fruit compote in it to mix without it all spilling over. I had to tranfer the yoghurt into a bowl to do this, which is a little difficult if you want yoghurt on the go.My suggestion to total would be please make a bigger pot so mixing is easier.
Tzatkizi ,one of the my classic tried and tested recipes, I recreated it using the the 0% Total yoghurt . It turned out delicious and was made in minutes as I did not have to strain the yoghurt as I would have done in my original recipe . The Tzatkini turned out to be rich and creamy and tasted exactly as my own made from home made yoghurt. I shall definately cheat in future and use TOTAL.
A rich and creamy yoghurt and cucumber dip flavoured with garlic .
500g 0% Total GreekYoghurt
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 pinch paprika powder
1. Empty one pot of Total o% fat Total greek yoghurt in to a bowl and mix well.
2. Peel the cucumber and cut in half, remove the seeds and grate the cucumber.
3. Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove surplus liquid..
4. Peel the garlic and finely mince it to a smooth paste.
5. To the yoghurt add the cucumber,the garlic and olive oil and salt and mix well.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl,cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Before serving sprinkle with a pinch of paprika powder
Serve with warm toasted pitta bread or crackers .
The views in this review are my own. Total Yoghurt supplied me a selection of yoghurt only, hamper was my own and used for photographic purpose only.