Thursday, 1 March 2012
Savoury Cereal Snack (Chevdo)
Basic cereal with an idianised twist giving it a spicy kick.
120 grams / 4 oz plain cheerios
120 grams / 4 oz shreddies
120 grams / 4 oz rice crispies
120 grams / 4 oz all bran sticks
120 grams / 4 oz bran flakes
60 grams / 2 oz cashew nuts
60 grams / 2 oz Almonds
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
4 green chillies sliced thin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon citric acid
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 cinnamon stick
1 red dried chilli
1. Add all the cereal to a large bowl and mix .
2.Spread the cashewnuts and almonds on parchment paper and spray with sunflower oil , place the parchment paper on a microwaveable tray and place in the microwave. Cook the nuts for 5-6 minutes stirring them at 1 minute intervals.
3.After 6 minutes remove the nuts from microwave and add them to the cereal mixture, add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric and toss the mixture to coat with spices.
4. Place the sugar and citric acid into a coffee grinder and grind the mixture to a powder. Add this to the cereal mixture and mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a pan when it is hot , fry the green chillies in it till they are crispy, remove from oil and add them to the cereal mixture.
5.Using the remaining oil, heat it till it is hot, add the cloves and cinnamon and the red dried chilli. and saute for few seconds to release the spice aroma.
6. Pour this oil with the spice mixture to the cereal mixture.
7. Give the savory cereal mixture a final toss.
Transfer to an air tight container and serve as required.
This recipe was shared with me by a non blogger friend Kash Tanna, I have made minor adjustments to the original recipe to suit my taste. Thanks Kash this recipe is awesome and a definate hit.
You may like:
Submitting to :
Lets cook Speedy Snacks event by simply.food
Labels: Snacks / Nasto
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.