Monday, 23 April 2012
Tortilla wrap with roasted vegetables- Secret recipe club challenge 23rd April 2012
Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.
My challenge for this month was to cook from Veronica's blog "My Catholic Kitchen". I choose the tortilla wrap as it is very versatile, as it can be made easily with vegetarian ingredients. The original recipe can be found here. It has been adapted to suit my vegetarian diet.
Delicious seasonal roasted vegetables encased in soft tortilla wraps.
4 tortilla wraps
1 red onion
6 baby tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 clove garlic
1. Peel the carrot and cut it in to ribbons using a mandolin.
2. Wash the courgette and remove the top stalk and bottom. Slice it into ribbons using a mandolin.
3.Peel and slice the onion in to thin strips.Halve the tomatoes.
4. Peel and slice the garlic.
5. In a oven proof tray add all the vegetables except the tomatoes , add the olive oil, garlic and sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper.Toss to mix the vegetables and seasoning.
6. Place the vegetables in a preheated oven 175 degrees C /350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes remove from oven and add the oregano, chilli flakes, lemon juice and the tomatoes and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
9. Place the tortilla wraps on a plate spoon the oven roasted vegetables in the centre of each wrap.
10. Roll up each wrap and cut each into two diagonally.
Submitting to :
Lets make sandwiches event by simply.food
You may like:
Pastry Pin wheels
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.