Chinese Fried Rice
Thursday, 3 May 2012
This recipe has been published in My Favorite Recipe -Take a break magazine issue 6
If you like it please support simply.food by sparing a few minutes of your time and voting for it on facebook.
Here is the recipe.
Egg noodles stir fried with crispy vegetables and cashew nuts in a spicy garlic and soya sauce.
120g Baby corn
1 medium Carrot
1 red Onion
½ green Capsicum
½ red Capsicum
1 clove Garlic
1 tablespoon Garlic chilli sauce
1 tablespoon Dark soya sauce
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoon Sunflower oil
12 Cashew nuts
200g (3 bundles) of medium dry Egg noodles
1. Slice the baby corn into long thin strips.
2. Peel and slice the carrot into long thin strips.
3. Peel and slice the red onion into thin slices.
4. Slice the red and green capsicum into long thin slices.
5. Peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices.
6. Place the noodles into a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Close the bowl with a lid and leave for three minutes after which drain the water and keep the noodles aside.
7. Heat the oil in a wok, when it is hot, add the cashew nuts and fry until golden brown, remove them from oil and keep aside.
8. Add the garlic to the hot oil in the wok followed by all the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until vegetables start to brown but retain crispiness.
9. Add the noodles to the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes further, add the soya sauce and the garlic chilli sauce and the salt.
10. Toss until all the vegetables and noodles are well seasoned with the soya and garlic chilli sauce.
11 Transfer noodles to serving dish and garnish with reserved fried cashew nuts.
You may like:
Chinese Fried Rice
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.