Aromatic spicy savoury Moroccan rice with tangy tomato flavour.
240 g / 8 oz cold precooked boiled rice
8 baby tomatoes halved
1 boiled potato diced
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/4 green pepper finely diced
1 small onion finely diced or cut into thin strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste / purée
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
1. Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot add the onions and sauté until translucent.
2. Add the green pepper and tomato purée, chillies, salt, paprika, cumin and sauté for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the boiled potato and sauté for 1 more minute.
4. Add the boiled rice and stir fry until all the spices and vegetables blend together.
5. Add the halved tomatoes and toss for 2 more minutes or until they just begin to loose shape and wilt slightly.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with cooling mint and yoghurt dip.
You may like:
Moroccan roasted Almonds
Flavours of Morocco event by simply.food Guest hosted by Mireille of Global creations