Sunday, 14 October 2012
Mesfouf ~ Sweet Tunisian style couscous with Dates and Apricots
Delicious Tunisian breakfast couscous dish enriched with apricots, dates , pistachio and almonds and delicately flavoured with rose water.
60 g / 2 oz couscous
140 ml water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon rose water
1 tablespoon flaked almonds
6 pitted dates
6 dried apricots
1/2 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
rose petals for garnish (optional)
1. In a saucepan boil the water and add the sugar to it. Boil the syrup for 2-3 minutes until sugar is totally dissolved.
2. In a heatproof bowl add the couscous and pour over the sweet water.
3. Cover and leave aside for 60 minutes until couscous has absorbed all the water.
4. After 1 hour, fluff up the couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
5. Chop up the dates and apricots into small pieces and add to the couscous.
6. Add the flaked almonds and pistachio nuts and the rose water and toss the couscous lightly to mix all the ingredients.
7. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with pistachio nuts and rose petals.
Flavours of Tunisia event by simply.food
Labels: Tunisian Cuisine
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.