Spicy flavoursome protein packed chick pea salad dressed with olive oil, mint and aromatic spices.
1 can of precooked white chickpeas drained
1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes(in oil) finely diced
1 tablespoon finely diced red and green peppers
1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped coriander
1 shallot finely chopped
1 tablespoon white vine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried mint
1/ 2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large bowl add the cooked chickpeas, shallot, peppers, half the coriander and sun dried tomatoes and mix together.
2. In a jar with a lid add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, mint, garlic powder, chilli flakes and lemon juice . Close the lid and shake the jar to combine the dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad and toss to coat everything with the dressing.
4. Cover the salad and chill for 30 minutes to let the flavours infuse into the salad.
5. After 30 minutes transfer to a serving dish and garnish with remaining coriander.
Serve with toasted pitta bread.
Flavours of Tunisia event by simply.food