Delicious chewy, oat and nut flapjacks with aromatic ginger honey.
Makes about 32 square pieces.
520 grams /18 oz Rolled Oats
300 grams / 10 oz Dessicated Coconut
120 grams / 4 oz Coarsely chopped Cashew nuts
120 grams / 4 oz Flaked Almonds
240 grams / 8 oz Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
250 grams/ 8 oz butter
2 tablespoons New Zealand Hanuka Honey with root ginger
1 tablespoon Golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
240 grams / 8 oz sugar
1. Grease two 10 inch x 10 inch square cake tins.
2. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C / 350 degrees F
3. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, coconut, bicarbonate of soda, cashew nuts and flaked almonds.
4.In a sauce pan add the honey, sugar, golden syrup and butter and stir the ingredients on medium heat till butter is melted.
5. Add the melted wet ingredients to the dry and fold together.
6. Divide the mixture into the two tins and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes after which cover the cake tins with foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
8. Remove the cake tins from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
9. Once cooled transfer to a wire rack to cool completely .
Lets cook healthy breakfasts event by simply.food