A tangy and refreshing Quinoa and fennel salad with a tangy lemon dressing.
90 grams / 3 oz Quinoa
150 ml water (approx - read instruction on packet for exact ratio)
1 tablespoon fresh coriander finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
half a fennel bulb cleaned and thinly sliced
1 tablespoons red tomato seeded and diced
1/3 tea spoon salt
1/3 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.Add the Quinoa to a pan with the water and bring to boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook Quinoa for 15- 20 minutes.
3. Once all the water is absorbed and Quinoa is tender, fluff up with fork and leave to cool.
4. In a bowl add the diced tomatoes, fennel slices, coriander and cooled cooked Quinoa and toss together.
5. In a jar with a lid add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Screw the lid on and shake.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
The Fennel used in this recipe was one of the ingredients that was in my Organic Fruit and Veg box sent to me by Riverford Organic farms.
You may like: