Delicious and tasty spinach and pumpkin rice.
250g / 8 oz white basmati rice
500 ml boiling water
100g fresh baby spinach
1 white onion finely sliced
3 oz finely diced pumpkin
1 medium potato peeled and finely diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 green chillies finely chopped
1. Wash the rice and soak it in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Wash the spinach leaves and remove the stalks, place the spinach in a blender with 2 tablespoons water and blend to form a paste.
3.In a large pan heat the oil when it is hot add the onions and sauté them on low heat until translucent.
4.Drain the rice and add it to the onions and sauté the rice until all the grains are coated in the oil.Stir the rice gently so that the grains don't break.
5. Add the spinach paste, potatoes, pumpkin, salt, turmeric, pepper and chillies. Mix the vegetables with the rice.
6. Add 500 ml boiling water and bring the rice to boil.
7. Reduce the heat to lowest setting and cover and cook the rice for 25 minutes.During this time do not open the pan lid.
8. After 25 minutes open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
9. Transfer to serving dish.
You may like:
Singapore five spiced rice
Javelin Warriors Cook with Love
Lets cook with Pumpkin event by simply.food
Flavours of USA and Canada event by simply.food