Spicy Moroccan soup that is hearty and delicious.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions finely chopped
3 cloves garlic finely minced
I courgette cut into small dice
1 carrot cut into slices
400 g fresh tomatoes finely chopped
400 g precooked Cannelloni beans
1.5 tablespoons harissa paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon paprika
200 g quinoa washed and rinsed
8 cups water
80 g baby spinach finely chopped
4 tablespoons mint leaves finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
60 g Greek yoghurt for serving(optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot sauté the garlic and onions.
2. Add the courgettes, carrot,quinoa tomatoes, beans, harissa, cumin, salt, turmeric, pepper and cinnamon and the water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
3.Add the spinach and the mint leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Turn off heat and serve with a dollops of yoghurt on top of the soup if you prefer.
I was recently sent a copy of the vegan cook book by Adele McConnell. Adele McConnell is the founder of the highly successful vegan food blog, vegiehead.com, and winner of the prestigious “Vegan Food Blogger Award” by The Vegan Woman 2012.
The book is beautifully illustrated with mouth watering pictures and beautiful vegan recipes. It is divided into chapters and includes recipes for breakfast and brunches, lunches,snacks and treats, maim meals and desserts.
I really enjoyed looking through the book and have book marked a number of recipes to try. The Moroccan Quinoa Soup I have prepared above is from the book and it tasted delicious. The only changes I made were that I replaced kale with spinach.
Having a shelf full of cookery books this one I find I have been using this book more and more. Its really handy as it is small enough to store in drawer in any kitchen.
My score for the book:15/15 this is a high score but the book is definitely worthy of it.
All the views and opinions expressed in this post are my own. I would like to thank Watkin Publishing for sending me this book to review.They have also been very generous and agreed to provide an additional copy for one simplyfood reader.
How To Enter:
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Please read the rules they form the terms and conditions of this Giveaway
- Closing date – 28th April 2014 12.00 am
- Entries open to UK residents only